Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Congratulations goes out Carolyn Bosley who will receive a basket of goodies from Ranger!! Please email me with your details so that you can get started with your shrinky charms!! Thanks from Tamara and the rest of our staff!! firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, March 7, 2011
Hi, Everyone. I’m Patti Behan, Ranger’s Marketing Coordinator. I’m excited to share my favorite Ranger product of the moment with you….our New Inkssentials Shrink Plastic.
You can do so many fun things with it! One of the things I love most of all is its thickness when it shrinks, it’s really durable for jewelry making. You can make charms and custom embellishments. What’s really cool is that you can even die cut letters for titles on scrapbook pages and sentiments on cards. Here is a charming project where I did just that.
Here are some additional tips when using our Shrink Plastic:
• The pieces will shrink about 45% from original size and to 1/16” thick
• You can shrink them with a Heat Tool on an Inkssentials Non-Stick Craft Sheet or bake on a non-stick surface in a regular oven or toaster oven at 300-350 degrees for several minutes
• Stamp on it with Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink or Adirondack Pigment Ink
• Color with Adirondack Pigment Pens or Alcohol ink
• Paint sanded and shrunken pieces with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic Paints or Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers
Need some more ideas? Check out these other Shrink Plastic projects on Ranger’s Website to jumpstart your creativity. Be sure to leave your comments by March 21st for a chance to win a prize package of Ranger goodies!! Contest winner we will announced March 22nd, so watch this space!
Inkssentials Shrink Plastic Thank You Card
Created by: Patti Behan
• Inkssentials™ Surfaces Shrink Plastic
• Archival Ink™ Pad -Jet Black
• Tim Holtz® Adirondack® Alcohol Ink-Red Pepper and Cranberry
• Inkssentials™ Alcohol Ink Blending Tool and Felt
• Inkssentials™ Non-Stick Craft Sheet™
• Inkssentials™ Heat it Craft Tool™
• Inkssentials™ Pop It Shapes-Circles
• Inkssentials™ Wonder Tape
• Claudine Hellmuth Studio Multi-Medium-Matte
Tim Holtz® idea-ology®:
• Lace Chain
• Sanding Grip
Core’dinations Distress Cardstock-Fired Brick, Black Soot and Antique Linen
Jenni Bowlin Red/Black Line Extension III - Petite Red Floral paper
Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Stamps by Stampers Anonymous Art Colors Life stamp set
Prima Clementine Bella flower
• Cricut Expression Machine
• Mini Monograms Cartridge
• Tim Holtz® Alterations™ Stylized Label Bigz Die
• Heart Die
1. Cut an 8-1/2” x 5-1/2” rectangle from Fired Brick cardstock. Fold in half to create a 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” card.
2. Cut a 4” x 5-1/4” rectangle from Black Soot cardstock and glue to the center of card.
3. Cut a 3-3/4” x 5” rectangle from Petite Red Floral paper and glue to center of black cardstock.
4. Diecut Stylized Labed from Antique Linen Paper. Sand diecut and ink edges with Jet Black Archival Ink by swiping the pad along the edge. Glue to the center of the card.
5. Cut a 2-1/2” diameter circle from Black Soot cardstock using Mini Monograms cartridge and Expression machine. Attach the circle to the center of the label using Pop It Shapes.
6. Cut “THANK YOU” out of shrink plastic using Mini Monograms cartridge (Note: Use Gypsy to size letters so they are 5/8” in height and put the multi-cut setting on 3.)
7. Working on the Non-Stick Craft Sheet, use Heat It Craft Tool to shrink plastic.
8. Color shrunken letters with Red Pepper and Cranberry Alcohol Ink. Let dry. Glue letters onto label with Multi-Medium.
9. Cut 1-1/2” heart out of Shrink Plastic Using Sizzix Heart Die and Big Shot Machine. Punch a hole in the top center of the heart. Stamp flowers onto heart using Jet Black Archival ink. Shrink with Heat it tool. Color opposite side of heart with Red Pepper and Cranberry Alcohol Ink.
10. Cut a small piece of chain and attach to Prima flower and heart charm with jump rings.
11. Attach flower to card with Wonder Tape.